Microsoft 365 vs Microsoft Office 2019
musicloverlch
2023-02-15 18:58:54 UTC
I am having huge issues with my database front end constantly corrupting. It's becoming a real problem. On my desktop, I am running Windows 10 and Microsoft 365. On the backend computer, I am running Windows Server 2016 and MS Office 2019. I guess I'll start using the server for my development, but I wanted to see if others are experiencing issues with corruption on Microsoft 365. I'm going to start using Office 2019 to see if it is any better. Thoughts?
Neil
2023-02-15 19:19:24 UTC
Post by musicloverlch
I am having huge issues with my database front end constantly corrupting. It's becoming a real problem. On my desktop, I am running Windows 10 and Microsoft 365. On the backend computer, I am running Windows Server 2016 and MS Office 2019. I guess I'll start using the server for my development, but I wanted to see if others are experiencing issues with corruption on Microsoft 365. I'm going to start using Office 2019 to see if it is any better. Thoughts?
I've been running Office 365 on this Win10 computer for years without
problems such as you're describing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "backend computer"...but my server has had
no problem with any version of MS database for decades. However, it is
important to carefully integrate the interaction between 365 computers
and the server. So, it sounds to me that your database structure is the
problem.
--
best regards,

Neil
musicloverlch
Thanks, Neil. I appreciate your input. I did find this Microsoft article that was last updated in January 2023. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fixes-or-workarounds-for-recent-issues-in-access-54962069-14f4-4474-823a-ff7e5974a570
Neil
2023-02-16 16:47:10 UTC
Post by musicloverlch
Post by Neil
[...]
These "fixes" may not be relevant to your situation, but you might try
it to see if they were. If so, please let me know that it solved your
problems!

They appear to me to be integrating Access 365 functions interactively
with server DB functions, and if so, the "fixes" will only work if all
aspects of the DB configuration and integration are done correctly. That
will not be simple.
--
best regards,

Neil
Peter Jason
2023-03-14 19:57:54 UTC
Post by Neil
Post by musicloverlch
Post by Neil
[...]
After changing to MSoft365 my database had all the combo boxes
slightly elongated.

Ron Paii
2023-02-20 22:20:41 UTC
Any chance some one is accessing the backend using WIFI to connect to the network?
DiW
2023-02-21 09:26:47 UTC
Post by musicloverlch
I am having huge issues with my database front end constantly corrupting. It's becoming a real problem. On my desktop, I am running Windows 10 and Microsoft 365. On the backend computer, I am running Windows Server 2016 and MS Office 2019. I guess I'll start using the server for my development, but I wanted to see if others are experiencing issues with corruption on Microsoft 365. I'm going to start using Office 2019 to see if it is any better. Thoughts?
Hallo / Hi,
do a search for "DisableLeasing". Not sure if this helps in your case.

Dirk
James Fortune
2023-03-14 14:59:13 UTC
I am having huge issues with my database front end constantly corrupting. It's becoming a real problem. On my desktop, I am running Windows 10 and Microsoft 365. On the backend computer, I am running Windows Server 2016 and MS Office 2019. I guess I'll start using the server for my development, but I wanted to see if others are experiencing issues with corruption on Microsoft 365. I'm going to start using Office 2019 to see if it is any better. Thoughts?
I had a recent problem with Microsoft 365 Access 2016 connected to a SQL Server backend. The corruption wouldn't let me make any changes to code without an ODBC error coming up. Copying controls didn't solve the problem, so I built a form to rebuild a form control by control. I simply omitted any control properties that caused an error. Note that a FontWeight of Semi-bold wouldn't copy over correctly. The amount of code is a bit long to put here, but I can try to make it available to you if you'd like.

James A. Fortune